About the book:
This book presents practical ways to improve and build business processes; and assists professionals whether they are learning the basics of business process improvement (or Continuous improvement), planning their first improvement project, or evangelizing process- oriented thinking throughout their organization […]
Available as Paperback & Digital Editions!
This book covers:
- What is a business process? What are several types of business processes? How to improve a business process? Introduction, rationale and use of business process improvement, process reengineering, process change, process mapping, process modeling, process design in manufacturing and service operations.
- 18 Business Process and Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Kaizen, 5S, Lean, Six Sigma, Capability maturity model integration (CMMI), ISO, Pareto’s model, Good manufacturing practices (GMP), Quality by Design (QbD), Just in time, Lean Six Sigma, Total quality management (TQM), Juran’s principle, Poka Yoke, CAPA, 8D, Balanced scorecard and Hoshin Kanri.
- Advantages, limitations of each business process improvement methodology, practical ways of using these methodologies, along with precautions needed before implementing methodology at your workplace.
- Strategic planning and risk assessments involved prior to implementing a business process improvement methodology.
- How to bring about organizational change, organizational development, improve performance profitability and productivity in manufacturing and service organizations using continuous improvement tools.
- Tips to maximize positive results from executing business process improvement methodologies for your organization.
Who should read this book:
If you want some new and effective ideas for improving your organization's efficiency, then this self-help, business management book is for you.
This book is for Agile entrepreneurs, Startups, Leaders, QA (Quality Assurance) managers, Management consulting professionals, Production supervisors, Manufacturing heads, CEOs, Directors and Managers involved in decision-making, directing their organization’s sustainability, profitability and expansion.
This book is also for professionals who are interested in making a career change and wish to embrace business process management (bpm) role. This book simplifies 18 most promising business improvement methodologies, which would help executives, management consultants, improve organizational performance in their new role as a Business Analyst, Continuous Improvement or Process Management Expert.
Lastly, but not the least, this book is for all business readers who wish to apply business improvement methodologies to their work place in most beneficial, effective and practical ways.
About the author:
Shruti Bhat PhD MBA Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Shruti is a gold-medalist, with PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences, MBA and Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Over the past eighteen years, Shruti has successfully led over 150 Continuous Improvement projects in big & small organizations world wide. She specializes in business transformation of sick units. Shruti has proficiency in Continuous Improvement for Innovation management, Research & Development, Human Resources (HR), Manufacturing, Quality, Intellectual Property, Sales and Service functions; case studies on Shruti's blog www.DrShrutiBhat.com. Shruti has helped build enterprise teams and coached more than 12000 employees worldwide.