There is only one valid definition of a business purpose: to create a customer
- Peter Drucker
- Customer insights.
- Customer focus.
- Customer solutions.
- Customer management.
- Customer process.
- Customer contact.
- Customer loyalty.
In order to understand the customer, the surest and most efficient approach is to take the basic concept of business process mapping and re-modelling it in a certain way that provides a dedicated focus on the customer. This process is defined as “Customer mapping”.
The information arising out of customer mapping helps the company to improve or redesign its internal business processes that lead to the making of its product (or services).
Customer mapping allows a company to focus on the actions a customer must take in order to purchase its product (or services). That is, customer mapping provides the company with a complete overview of its customer’s journey. The company can then evaluate and devise ways to determine what it can do to enhance the perceived value of its goods (i.e. product or services).
Following 8 steps facilitate to become a Customer- Centric organization-
- Define your target customers.
- Learn how customers feel and perceive your company.
- Align technology, process, products and services to customer needs.
- Map and improve customer journey.
- Engage leadership and staff in the customer mapping activity.
- Transform your organizational culture and reward systems.
- Measure your performance using customer centric KPIs.
- Incorporate customer feedback into process and product (or services) innovation and design.